If you are looking to buy a domain using Bitcoin, then we have a full list with domain registrars that accept not only bitcoin, but other cryptocurrencies as well. You should definitely check out Namecheap as well.
In this Namecheap review, we will take a look at everything the popular domain registrar has to offer and see if it is indeed the best option for those looking to pay with Bitcoin.
What is Namecheap and what do they offer?
Namecheap was founded in 2000 and has since become one of the most popular domain registrars on the internet. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and currently serves over 2 million customers worldwide.
Namecheap’s founders had a mission to make the internet more accessible and affordable for everyone. This is evident in their pricing, which is some of the most competitive in the industry.
One of the things that makes Namecheap so popular is their commitment to providing affordable domains and excellent customer support. They are also one of the few domain registrars that accept payment in Bitcoin.
Paying for your domains with Bitcoin is a great way to keep your personal information private as well as avoid costly bank fees.
Namecheap offers a wide variety of domain extensions and also provides hosting, email, and SSL certificates. They are one of the few companies that offer all of these services under one roof.
Namecheap is one of the best domain registrars for a good reason. It has a lot to offer its customers.
Here are some of the features that make Namecheap stand out from the rest:
- Affordable domains: Namecheap offers some of the most affordable domains in the industry. They often run promotions where you can get discounts on your domain purchases. You can find their most popular Namecheap promotions by clicking here.
- Excellent customer support: Namecheap has a team of knowledgeable and friendly customer support representatives that are always ready to help. I’ve used their customer support a couple of times and they always respond quickly and are very helpful.
- Bitcoin payments: Namecheap is one of the few domain registrars that accept payment in Bitcoin. This is a great way to keep your personal information private as well as avoid costly bank fees.
- Wide variety of domain extensions: Namecheap offers a wide variety of domain extensions including .com, .net, .org, and more.
- Free WHOIS privacy: Namecheap offers free WHOIS privacy on all domains that are registered with them. This helps to protect your personal information from being publically available.
- Easy to use interface: Namecheap has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to find and register your desired domain name. The only easier user interface I’ve found it that of Porkbun’s.
- They provide hosting, email, and SSL certificates: In addition to being a domain registrar, Namecheap also provides hosting, email, and SSL certificates. This makes it a one-stop shop for all your website needs.
TIP: Namecheap recently launched their hosting program – which is very easy to setup and offers great value for your money. You can also purchase hosting with bitcoin. We’ve also have a list of hosting providers who accept bitcoin here. If you are looking for Anonymous hosting click here and offshore hosting here.
- Namecheap app: Namecheap also has a mobile app that makes it easy to manage your domains on the go. The app is available for both iOS and Android.
The app allows you to:
- Search for available domains
- Register new domains
- Transfer domains to Namecheap
- Manage your Namecheap account
- View domain expiration dates
- Set domain privacy settings
- Lock/unlock domains
- Add/remove domain contacts
- Renew domains
- Get support from the Namecheap team
The app is free to download and is available in the App Store and on Google Play.
Pros and Cons of using Namecheap
Here’s a quick Namecheap Pros & Cons section to help you make a quick decision.
- Affordable domains
- Excellent customer support
- Bitcoin payments accepted
- Free WHOIS privacy
- Easy to use interface
- Some domain extensions are more expensive than others
How to register a domain with Namecheap
Registering a domain with Namecheap is very simple and only takes a few minutes.
- First, you will need to go to the Namecheap website and enter the domain you would like to register in the search bar and hit the search button.
- Once you have found an available domain, you will need to select it and add it to your cart.
- As soon as you click on the ”add-to-cart” button a checkout button will appear.
- On the next page, you will reach to a screen where you have to confirm your order.
- TIP: Scrolling down you can see extra services offered by Namecheap. For example you might want to buy hosting as well.
- Once you have selected your optional services of choice and hit the ”Confirm Order button, you will be taken to the create account/login page. Create an account (if you don’t have one) and login afterwards to continue with the checkout process.
- Upon visiting the checkout page again, choose the preferred payment method and add your credit card details to complete the checkout process.
Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an email from Namecheap confirming your purchase.
And voila. You have just registered a domain name with Namecheap.
TIP: If you want to pay with Bitcoin, you will have to fund your account with Bitcoin before starting the checkout process. Here’s an easy to follow tutorial on how to do that.
The benefits of using Bitcoin with Namecheap
There are many benefits of using Bitcoin to pay for your domains and hosting with Namecheap.
More privacy: First, it is a great way to keep your personal information private. When you pay with Bitcoin, your personal information is not attached to the transaction.
Avoid Bank fees: Second, it is a great way to avoid costly bank fees. Banks and card issuers often charge high fees for international transactions on both vendors and customers. Using Bitcoin you will both avoid these extra fees.
Discounts: Third, it is a great way to get discounts on your purchases. Namecheap often runs promotions where you can get discounts on your domains and hosting when you pay with Bitcoin.
Support BTC: Fourth, it is a great way to support the Bitcoin network. By spending your Bitcoin, you are helping to increase its adoption and utility.
The bottom line is that Namecheap is a great choice for registering your domain name. They offer affordable prices, excellent customer support, and a wide variety of features. If you are looking for a registrar that accepts Bitcoin, Namecheap is a great option.
If you enjoyed reading this Namecheap Review, feel free to share it across the web.