Do Kwon, the co-founder of failed cryptocurrencies terra USD (UST) and luna (LUNA), was caught by authorities in Montenegro, southern Europe, attempting to enter the country with false documentation.
“Montenegrin police arrested a person suspected to be one of the most wanted fugitives, South Korean citizen Do Kwon, co-founder and CEO of Terraform Labs,” this was made known by Montenegrin foreign minister Filip Adzic through his account on the social network Twitter.
Adzic informed that Kwon is being held at the airport of Podgorica, capital of Montenegro, with the forged documents. No further details have been provided so far.
- Bitcoin on the rise: Could it reach $100K this year?
- El Salvador’s “Volcano Bonds” to raise $1 billion for Bitcoin City development to be available between June and September, says Bitfinex CTO
- Cathie Wood: Cryptocurrencies Acted as Safe Haven During US Banking Crisis
- Santiment Predicts Ethereum to Surpass $2,000 Mark in Upcoming Period
- Venezuelan Petroleum Minister Resigns Amid Anti-Corruption Sweep
- SEC Files Multi-Billion Dollar Crypto Fraud Lawsuit Against Terra Founder Do Kwon; Alleges Deceptive Marketing Tactics