Coinbase will put an end to trading in the Binance USD stablecoin, amid pressure from the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on the stablecoin industry.
Trading in Binance USD from the cryptocurrency exchange will stop on March 13, according to a statement from the company.
Last week Paxos said it was in “constructive discussions” with the SEC following the committee’s letter to the company regarding the need for BUSD to register BUSD under federal securities laws.
Paxos says it will defend its position that BUSD should not be registered as a security, according to an email sent by the company’s CEO, Charles Cascariya, to Paxos employees.
- If The SEC Charges Paxos, Every Stablecoin Issuer Should Prepare for Litigation With Them
- Coinbase: Technical problem interrupted payments from US banks
- Coinbase Reports Smaller Q4 Losses and Revenues of $629 Million
- SEC’s Attack on Kraken’s Staking Service Sends Shockwaves Through Cryptocurrency Market: How Coinbase and LIDO Are Responding
- NYDFS Shuts Down Binance USD Issuance, Questions Unresolved Issues