This week has been another awesome week for Dash with new integrations and developments! Continue reading to get a summary of the week!
Integrations of the Week:
- CrowdNode Launches Dash Masternode Pooling: CrowdNode allows individuals to participate in the Dash Masternode network and gain the returns they offer for as little as 1 Dash in their new Pooling service. Masternode sharing is inherently risky since it must rely on trusting a third party, however, CrowdNode implements numerous security measures including a “parachute eject” to ensure all members get their Dash back in case of an emergency. Masternode sharing services allow greater access to the Dash network that not only creates a better wealth distribution, but also creates more Masternodes, which enhances the robustness of the Dash network.
- Dash Experiences Increasing POS Integrations: Coinify is the latest point-of-sales system to integrate Dash, but there are numerous other POS systems that utilize Dash. AnyPay, QR.CR, and Spark also provide merchants with easy to use interfaces to allow them to accept Dash and cryptocurrencies from consumers in a familiar environment. The rising amounts of POS systems integrating Dash signals a rise in merchant demand to accept Dash, which signals a rise in consumers usage of Dash and demand for merchants to take Dash.
Developments of the Week:
- Dash Revolutionizes Quorum Technology: Long Living Masternode Quorums (LLMQs) were recently announced to be under development by Dash. They stand to greatly influence both Evolution and non-Evolution features of Dash by making quorums more scalable through a series of coding updates. This will make features like Dash’s InstantSend able to serve more people without sacrificing its extremely fast transaction speeds nor super low fees. LLMQs also stand to improve other features of Dash and be a platform for more future developments that can utilize its unique structure.
- Mega Dash Raffle Innovates Fundraising Method: Mega Dash Raffle is a DashBoost funded proposal that aims to create a new method for proposals and projects to raise funds via a raffle/lottery method. Each raffle will have a portion of funds going to the randomly selected winner, the raffle’s proposal benefactor, and operations of Mega Dash Raffle. The team is currently in testing phase and has a survey out to see what features the community would like best. The project demonstrates the ability of the Dash community to innovate to ensure projects still receive funding despite the exchange price pressure that the main DAO Treasury is currently under.
- Cryptotip Creates Paper Tips for Dash: Cryptotip.org created Dash paper tips after the Bitcoin paper tip site refused to create paper tips for coins other than Bitcoin after the spike in Bitcoin’s transaction fees and confirmation times. The site allows individuals to create paper Dash tips in any amount along with an expiration time upon which unclaimed tips will revert back to the creators wallet. After a tip claimer visits the URL on the paper tip, they will be greeted with an introduction to cryptocurrencies and instructions on how to create a wallet and claim their tip. One of the creators, Ian Freeman, outlined that the paper tips face significant headway to spreading awareness of Dash and cryptocurrencies since a hefty majority of tips go unclaimed, but some do get claimed, which is still spreading awareness.
General News of the Week:
- Dash Provides an Alternative as Fiat Continues to Depreciate: The UK Pound has lost 99.5% of its value since the 1700s, the US Dollar has lost over 96% percent of its value over the past century, and other less successful currencies are even worse. As seen in Venezuela, Dash is showing that it is a realistic alternative to fiat as a store of wealth and as a currency.
- IOTA Developments Demonstrates that Incentives Matter: IOTA has introduced “proof-of-work as a service”, which is similar to proof-of-work for other cryptocurrencies, to augment their current directed acyclic graph (DAG) method that has users conduct a portion of the the proof-of-work themselves. The change demonstrates that economic incentives exist whether they are recognized or not since users will now offload transaction confirmations to more efficient actors. Dash has long sought careful balance and alignment of incentives with 45% of block rewards going to Masternodes to stake coins, 45% going to miners to confirm transactions, and 10% going to the Treasury to fund Dash proposals.
- Cryptocurrency Gains Lobbying Group: Prominent figures in the cryptocurrency space have announced the formation of the Washington, DC, USA lobbying group, Blockchain Association, to give cryptocurrency a voice in the legislative body and lobby for favorable regulations. The formation highlights Dash’s efforts to distinguish itself as a legitimate currency option by ensuring that tools for AML/KYC regulatory compliance are available for those wish to use it, as well as seeking a SEC no-action letter.
Dash Growth News of The Week:
- Survey Says 72% of Cryptocurrency Holders Plan to Buy More: A recent survey showed that 72% of 3,000 investors plan to buy more cryptocurrencies despite the significant exchange price declines. Dash has seen the same optimism as the Dash Masternode count was just under 4,600 a year ago and reached an all-time high of 4,908 Masternodes in August. Currently, a Masternode investment is around $200,000 USD, but was once around $1,000,000 USD. This significant investment indicates that those buying Masternodes now have confidence in Dash as a project and expect their investment to yield returns into the future.
- Dash Core Group Details Regional Business Development Plans: Dash Core Group’s Business Development Team expanded on their last quarterly call update. They discussed how they will bring partners together to foster greater collaboration, Dash integration and usage. They discussed targeting the marijuana payments industry in the US, the gambling industry, hyper-inflationary countries, remittances around the world with a focus on the US-Mexico corridor, and crypto traders using Dash as a form of liquidity for arbitrage trading. The call highlights how Dash is able to have decentralized coordination to maximize community outreach and development.
Dash Media of the Week:
- Three Amigos Interview Fernando Gutierrez: This week, the Three Amigos chatted with the Dash Core Group CMO to discuss Dash’s recent outreach efforts and its plans to increase Dash awareness and usage in the future. Make sure to check it out if you missed the live stream since you most definitely want this knowledge!
This has been an awesome week demonstrating the developmental successes of Dash! Stay tuned into our site and social media networks to see all the upcoming Dash developments! We hope that our content and coverage was very informative and enjoyable this week and we cannot wait to see what awesome Dash News awaits us next week!